Wednesday, November 5, 2008

There is NO ONE I would rather share it with!

Gary as a Boy!
Gary as a Man!
Today is not only my birthday, but it is also my brother Gary's birthday. Gary and I were born 1 year a part to the day. I have a lot of memories of sharing my birthday with gary. Some of those that stand out is each year we would take a turn to tell my mom what we wanted for our birthday dinner. I usually wanted swiss steak, which Gary wasn't to fond of. Gary always seemed to want hawaiian chicken. Gary loved German Chocolate cake, and Rocky Road ice cream. I am more of a Vanilla flavoring kind of girl. I remember some times my mom would split the cake down the middle and decorate it one way for Gary and another for me. I remember Gary and I coercing to convince people that we were really twins. Which they seemed to believe, but when we told them that we were 1 year apart to the day the didn't seem to believe that. Funny! We would just say Mom and Dad were just dyin to do the deed and didn't feel it necessary to let me bask in being the baby of the family for a while. Just kidding! I actually loved sharing my birthday with Gary. There is No One I would rather share it with!
Gary is an amazing person! I have always looked up to Gary and the kind of Man that he has become. He really is someone that a lot of people old and young have looked up to. He is a man of Courage, Humility, Love, Strength, Loyalty and Understanding. He is a Great Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Grandson, Uncle and Friend. Gary is someone that will drop whatever to help a person who is in need. He is a Big Teddy Bear at times and a an Incredible Hulk at others. Gary is the man you want standing in your corner. Gary is so fun to hang out with. He loves to be with his family and enjoy the bonding time we do when we are all together. I love you so much and miss you! Thank you so much for your example. I am so proud of you and who you have become. Happy Birthday Gary! There is NO ONE I would rather share this day with, than you.

9 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

Happy birthday to both of you! I hope you have a wonderful day and your hubby spoils you! We love you and miss you! We will be excited to see you over the Holidays?!? What are your plans anyway?

Ogie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and hope you have a great day.

Heather said...

Happy birthday mi miel! Espero que te pasaste muy bien! I hope you were able to enjoy the day, relax and enjoy it with those you love and who love you too!!

Katie said...

Nice tribute...your not bad yourself either. :) I hope you had a good day and enjoyed some sort of desert. I want another post about spinning by the way.

Anonymous said...

I love the old pic!! Happy Birthday to you both. I thought about you and I hope you got my text.

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

Feliz Cumpleanos Hna Moco!! :P

Holley said...

Kelly its time to post more Baylee pictures. You had your day, the other 364 belong to Baylee!

Heather said...

Happy very late birthday. I totally forgot that you both share the same bday. Hope you had a great day. ARe you coming home for the holidays? A game night at grandmas would be what the doctor ordered. I sure miss all the Brady's and the McGiven's. It is sure hard growing up and dealing with all the stresses of real life, at least the memories last a life time.
Happy Birthday.

Love your little not blood brother Jared.