I feel that I am getting to a point in my life where, I don't feel like I am old but I feel like I have lived a long life and things that happened in the 80's seem so long ago. I feel that the 80's era has it's right to be called Oldies but Goodies.
As stated in my previous post, we just got back from Utah. We went to visit my family and to celebrate my Grandma White's 80th birthday. We were only gone for 5 or 6 days, and it seemed that we were constantly going. Baylee was teething pretty much the whole time, and just wasn't her spunky self. Nonetheless, she enjoyed her time with all of her cousins, Aunts and Uncles, and Grandma's and Grandpa's. She enjoyed getting all the attention and being fought over, literally by some cousins.
While being there we ate out with family, we attempted to attend my Brothers football game, but it was raining so hard we didn't feel we should keep Baylee out in it. So we dropped everyone off at the Weber State stadium and went back and put Baylee down for a nap and watched the game on the internet and played games with all the kids, and had pizza to celebrate my Nephew Peyton. Who I want to give a big shout out too. Peyton is such an amazing kid. He reminds me so much of his dad. He is so extremely smart and has so many talents, and so many things that he comes by naturally like his dad. Happy Birthday Peyton, We love you!
We also spent some time with Sean and his girlfriend Lori's family. We went to Lori's house and BBQ'd hamburgers, and played badmitton, darts, and rockband. It was there that Baylee discovered the Microphone. In the game rockband you have a group of people who play this musical game together. One person plays drums, another sings, another plays the guitar, and another plays bass. Once Baylee found out that she could hear her voice she would actually sing Little Mermaid Style. AAAHAHHAAAAAHAHHAAAH! It was so funny. She is also the funniest little dancer. This lil girl has rhythm. She is the next hip hop star for SYTYCD. Lori's girls are the cutest thing and they have so much fun with Baylee, and Baylee has so much fun with them. We also hung out with my Sister Julie and her kids. Baylee always loves spending time with McKell, and Sydney. Julie and I both wish that we lived closer because it is a shame to keep these cousins apart. They love each other so much. We got to go watch McKell play soccer which was fun. Mckell is a fast little runner. And that girl has the strongest little calves. She inherited Grandma McGivens, and Aunt Kelly's strong calves. We spent some fun time with Grandma and Grandpa McGiven. Grandpa McGiven has so much fun with Baylee. And it is fun to see her make both Grandma and Grandpa laugh and bring joy into their lives.
Last but not least was the 80's theme party for my Grandma White. We had so much fun. A bunch of us dressed up 80's style. The Brady's all looked awesome,! But I must agree with my cousin Carrie and Brittany that Sheridan took the cake when she showed up with her Wig. It was the best! We had yummy finger food, cake, drinks, dressing up, Kareoke, and an awesome video that my Sister Julie put together of my Grandma's life. It was fun to see people that we hadn't seen in years and to see the joy on my Grandma's face as close and dear friends traveled afar to celebrate her day with her. My Grandma is such a sweet person. She is such an example to me of love, giving, sharing, kindess, acceptance and so many other things. I love her so much! And I can say that John has grown a deep love for my Grandma as well,and loves to talk and spend time with her, and we are so deeply grateful for her love and generosity towards our little family.
3 comments:
It was so good to see you!!!! The 80's rock. I'm glad we got you to dress up too!!!!!
I'm sorry I missed you while you were here. Sounds like you were pretty busy and I had the invalid here recovering from surgery and ended up back at the ER not to mention general conference. Yikes. Maybe next time?
Like Kelly, that was a totally bombdigity post. It so didn't gag me with a spoon ya know. Like you are so awesome. Our family has a ton of like totally bodacious babes. You all looked bitchin' rad. The grindage looked fabuloso. Looks like you all had like a totally tubular time. Wish I could have been there to rock out to my anthem...Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! Catch you on the down low my Totally Trippendicular Sister!
Post a Comment