Well, I really don't know what I want to say. There just really isn't a whole lot going on with us right now.
Things have gotten back to normal since Baylee's birthday party. Life right now is just about getting through the day.
John is working really hard at work. I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished. A lot of people in upper management seem to really be watching him. He has had supervisors come out to the job to check up on him and have told them how impressed they are with him. John had a rocky start in his apprenticeship, and some things were done that me and a lot of people feel were unfair. It has even affected our lively hood in a way. But John has taken the attitude of just wanting to do his job the best way he knows how. By hard work and determination. He took the attitude of, instead of being upset about everything and letting it get him down, He needed to show them that they were wrong and he was right. He need to show them that he was the best, the hardest working and when he didn't know something or didn't know how to do something he was going to find out how to do it, and he was going to learn about it. I feel that John has showed them all of these things and now they are noticing it and giving him the praise that he deserves. John still has his ups and his down just like everyone else. There are days when he is too stressed out and doesn't want to do it any more but he finds the drive and motivation to get through and do the job well. For that I am proud of him. I often forget about how hard he works. Because, He will come home from work and be so dog tired and just want to relax the rest of the night. Well I am one that I can't relax until I know that everything is done that I need to get done. And when he comes home I want him to help me. John helps me out so much. He will do whatever I ask him to do. For that I appreciate it so much. I just have to remember to ask. Some times I get prideful and think, I shouldn't have to ask it should just get done. But that is why Men and Women are different. He has been working hard at keeping up the yard and fixing things when they need to be fixed.
Baylee is constantly making us laugh. We went to the doctor for her 1 year check up. She is starting to level out. Most of her life she has been in the high 90 percentile of growth, now she is about 80's. The doctor was so impressed that she has been walking for about 2 1/2 months and that she is starting the express her wants and even starting to say some words. Or at least trying to say them and understanding. Like every morning she wakes up, has a bottle and then takes my hand and walks me over to the bananas and points. I show her and she gets so excited to eat her banana. The other day,she was in my bedroom and I told her we needed to find her binky. She walked out of my room for a few seconds and then came back in with her binky and put it in her mouth. I laughed! She seems to mimick John and I all the time. She says ma and daddy. And I even think she is saying Grandpa and Grandma when I tell her too. She says papa for Grandpa and mama for Grandma. She loves to dance to music and really has some good rhythm. She is growing up so fast. It is so fun to watch her and everyday John and I are so amazed and love her so much.
I am just being a housewife. Lately I feel that I have been slacking in my duties. I feel that I have lost my motivation to do a whole lot. I have been to wrapped up in the politics. So I am finding my motivation and regrouping so that I can get the things done I need to and want to. I have all these goals that I want to do like reading more, Sewing, exercising, decorating the house and spend the quality time with Baylee that I need to. I just need to find a balance. That has always been hard for me to do. Anyways for not a whole lot going on I sure talked a lot. So I will leave now.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Belle, I enjoyed reading the post, you amaze me. I was going to suggest that you try to pick up some signing time videos. My kids loved them and they learned to sign a few words, wouldn't that be cute if Baylee could sign banana when she wanted one. Just a thought, I like to find things my kids will do that is educational. I like watching them too, because I've learned some sign as well.
For someone who doesn't have a lot going on, or so you said, you sure gave a great update on your family.
As for John's job, I completely understand. Jobs are so full of politics and when our men have to spend so much time there, it would be difficult to feel motivated and happy about doing your job when your superiors were misunderstanding you or favoring other people over you. Harold has been getting that a lot in his professional life and it frustrates the both of us. But, I like that John has such a good attitude and can pick himself up when things feel down.
Thanks for the update Kelly. I loved reading what's going on with you all. Glad John is hanging in there at his job and starting to receive the encouragement and appreciation he deserves.
As for balance in life I totally understand the difficulty in that! Whew!
Give Baylee hugs and kisses for us...and know I love & miss ya.
Post a Comment