Today I went to the gym. My friend Maria and some other women in my ward go to the gym usually Mon-Wed-Fri. Usually I just do weightlifting and then I go run on the treadmill for 30-40 mins. Well my friend Maria wanted to try some of the classes that they offer. I had expressed that I would love to try spinning since I have never done it before. My SIL Katie has done it and loved it and I had heard from other people how they really liked it also.
Well people I must say I LOVE SPINNING! I wore my heart rate monitor today because I usually like to know how many calories I am burning in a new work out. I kept my heart rate between 150-160 for a whole hour. My monitor said that I had burned 1150 calories in an hour. I was like "HOLY COW!" Now, I don't know if those things are accurate. But I am going to think for now that it is accurate and I just kicked some major butt!
The thing that I loved about it besides making me sweat like I have never sweat before. Was that the teacher was so motivating. She had us visualize that we were in a Bike Race that we had trained for for months, and today was our day that we were going to take first prize. And she was playing some awsome music that just pumps you up. My legs were shaking so bad and I literally had a little lake on the floor of my sweat. My butt was killing me, but I am telling you that I LOVED IT!!! I walked out of there feeling like I really had just won the biggest race of my life.
I am sure that I will feel the effects of it tomorrow. My legs and butt I am sure will be very sore. But I intend to keep doing this. If I am really burning that many calories and using my muscles the way I was using them here I am sure to be at my prepregnancy weight in no time. So for all of you who want to try something new go to the gym and try this spinning thing, I think if you are competitive and like a good work out you will love this.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It sounds like you're pumped! What is spinning? I thought maybe I'd glean a hint of what the action actually is but, alas, there didn't seem to be a clue, other than the name SPINNING of course.
That sounds so awesome. I have always wanted to try spinning. For Aaron's birthday he got a bike trainer and he has a video that comes with it but his bike is so technical, I can't figure out the gear thing to keep up with the video. I am glad you enjoyed your spinning class. After reading your post, maybe I will try a spinning class myself one day. As of late I just work at home on the treadmill, ball, and jump rope. Spinning might just liven up my routine. Thanks for the post.
The day I opt out of spinning class you go to it. Next week maybe. I took it last week with Maria & Sally and man my backside hurt for days- that darn seat is so little it hurts. I did like the teacher though too. She throws out all these quotes that motivate. You definitly worked harder than me. Good job! Your little Baylee is such a doll!
I am definitely going to have to try that. My only problem is the little seats, my enormous butt would impede my progress. Do they have bikes with those nice big cushy seats? Then I would consider it.
I went to a spin class once. It was awesome. The problem was that it always got packed way fast cause it is so popular. It was way fun though. You GO Girl!
Thanks for including me in your post! Spin does rock! I would love to know how the muscles are holding up? I wish I could go with you. I always loved working out with you. You always picked up the tempo and kicked butt....a very focused-worker-outer if you will.
Post a Comment