Thursday, April 24, 2008
Still Sick.
I took Baylee back to the Doctor yesterday, because she was still running a fever and lethargic and a little more fussy. The Doctor was still not sure where to go until she looked at her throat and saw that her throat looked terrible. Well they swabbed her throat to test for strep. Of course that came back negative. We are still waiting on the results of her urinalysis. The Doctor seems to think after seeing her throat that this is a virus. It really sucks because you can't do anything for them. Except try and make her as comfortable as possible. I have now been giving her tylenol and motrin. I was just doing tylenol and bath's, but the doctor said to offset the tylenol and motrin. On top of all of this I really think that she is teething as well. It is so hard to tell though. I feel like it is just a guessing game. Baylee has just been sleeping on me all day and at night she will go into her bed. She usually will be up for about 30mins to an hour and then sleeps on me for an hour. The Doctor said that if her fever hasn't gone away by friday then I have to take her back in and they will have to draw blood and do further tests. This morning she still had a fever. I feel so sorry for her. It is hard to see your little baby like this. Especially when you are so used to her just playing all day long and laughing and jabbering. It has been a rough week especially because the earliest John has gotten home from work this week is I think 8:30 pm. I feel bad for John because he is concerned about Baylee and Me and he too feels like he is helpless because he has to work so much. I just hope that John knows how much I appreciate him. He works so hard to provide a good life for us. I know he wishes he could spend more time with Baylee. Especially when she is sick like this. The one cute thing is that John will call a lot during the day to see how we are doing. Most times Baylee likes to talk to him. She hears his voice talking to her and even though she dosen't feel good she seems to perk up a bit and smiles and talks to her Daddy. Oh how I just want my Baylee back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry to hear that Baylee is still sick. Having sick kids is definitely not fun for anyone.
How sad that Baylee is sick. Being a mom to a sick kid brings on a whole new perspective to life. Broox is my fever kid too. He used to get fevers of 103 to 104 for a couple days with no symptoms and then come down with something. It is so scary to see them lethargic like that. Even if you do get a chance to sleep its hard not to stay awake worrying. Many prayers later, its a relief when it all passes.
Through all of it, I can't help but think of the pioneers trying to take care of their children without tylenol and ibuprofen! It brings on a whole new meaning to the story of Emma and Joseph taking care of their baby who had a high fever. I cannot even imagine.
We'll keep Baylee in our prayers. You are such an awesome mom, Kelly. Hang in there. She'll be back to her old self soon. Love ya!
Post a Comment