Sunday, December 9, 2007
Our First Date!
Well as you know John's birthday was on Thursday. I wanted to do something with just John and I, since we hadn't done anything with just us since Baylee has been born. It seems that she consumes us 24/7. Don't get me wrong John and I love being her parents and love all the new things she does, and how she is constantly making us laugh and smile. We love her so much. But I have been feeling like we needed a date and to have some time just the two of us. So I called Jake first to see if the could babysit but Jake was busy with finals so I didn't want to bother him or Maria because she works long days, so I called our good friends the Martins and they were very delighted that I asked them to babysit. So John and I went to a movie and Dinner. I decided that I wanted to take John to this steakhouse in Chandler. It is called the Keg. We got there and didn't realize how spendy of a place it was, but thought hey it is a special night. Boy I think we were glad to have eaten there. It was Dang good! He had the Keg size Prime Rib which was fit for a king. He absolutely loved it. He also had garlic mashed potatoes with and ordered some creamed spinach which was to die for. I had the Filet Mignon. It was really good but not as good as John's and I don't really like Prime Rib all that well. It came with fresh vegetables and a baked potatoe. John said that he thought that was the best meal he had had in a long time. Then we went to a movie, but it wasn't a great movie. It was nice just to have some alone time together and hold hands and talk like we used to. I love you John, thanks for the great date. Also, thanks Marissa, Reagan, Randall and Doug for watching Baylee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on your first date out together! It is so crazy how much time a little one consumes. The crazy thing is months can go by before you realize, "hey, we haven't really talked or spent time one on one in a long time". I know understand much better than I used to, the prophets advice to have date night 1 time a week. So, so important!!
I'm so glad that you found time to go out. It really is so important for your relationship to keep those romantic fires burning. Regular date night needs to be a priority! I'm taking house pictures today, so I expect some new Baylee pictures soon!!
Post a Comment