Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some Baylee Funnies.

Well I thought that some of you might get a good laugh at my expense from my sassy frass daughter. I guess this goes to show that she really is listening to me.

Anyways, I have been trying to teach Baylee about obedience and that it is important for us to be obedient because that is what Heavenly Father and Jesus want us to do. Well it has now turned into everytime she wants something and wants me to do it for her and I say no to her. She says "Mom, listen" then points her finger to me and quietly says "Jesus wants you to be obedient Mom." I guess thinking that I need to be obedient also to all of her demands. What a smarty pants I have on my hands.

Secondly, I have also been trying to teach her about speaking kindly and using our nice words like, Thank you, and Please and saying Sorry if we need to, and not yelling. Well, the other day I was driving and some idiot pulled out in front of me causing me to slam on my breaks. So I started yelling, "You Stupid, Idiot driver. " And immediately Baylee scolded me and said " Mom don't yell at him like that, you need to use your nice words and ask him to PLEASE MOVE and to PLEASE NOT DO THAT." I immediately started to laugh and said you are absolutely right Baylee.

The Mouthes of Babes. They really are special litte beings. I am so grateful to have Baylee as my daughter. She really keeps things into perspective for me. She makes me laugh every day. Both John and I can't believe how big she is getting. She is such a special and beautiful little girl. She is so excited for her little sister to come into to this world. She loves every little baby she sees and tries to help out so much. She is going to be an awesome big sister. Well I hope you got a good laugh or two.

8 comments:

Holley said...

That is hilarious!!! I almost peed my pants about her using "Jesus" as a way to get her own way. That is a new one on me. You really are in for a roller coaster ride with that little genius on your hands.

Hope the baby comes really, really soon!!!!

Jules said...

McKell didn't figure our how to turn things on me until recently. You do have your hands full. I can't wait to spend time with her in a month. Love ya.

~Karen said...

LOL Just picturing that look she gets across her face when she is teaching you (or someone else) the right way to speak or do. Priceless! She's precious...and I too hope the new one makes her formal introduction soon. :)

Katie said...

Baylee rules! She really is a smart cookie! I can't believe how much she is talking! I still love when she stormed off at my house and yelled, "its not fair!" and then came back a couple minutes later to repeat herself. Classic. How exciting that she'll be a BIG sis soon!

Heather said...

I loved the sass-a-frass stories. Glad I am not the only parent with a young daugther who seems wise beyond her years and is constantly sassing! (And teaching us - their parents - the same lessons we are trying to teach them). I am so excited for you guys and your new little girl. Can't wait to get the call announcing her arrival. Love & miss you.

Carrie said...

Sooo funny. I hope you post pictures of the new little one when she comes.

Jeanna said...

Yikes....the smart ones are the ones to watch out for! :)

My kids just backseat drove when they were that age. They'd see the green light and so "GO MOM!!!"

Can't wait to meet the new one!!

Brittany said...

She is so cute and smart. I love when what I am trying to teach completely turns on me.

She will be such an awesome big sister. Its so nice to have helper that can run and get you diaper when you need her too, but to be honest it takes some patience too.

Be sure to post pictures of your new girlie when she decides to make her grand entrance!!