Sunday, March 7, 2010

If you give a mouse a cookie...

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Jamie and I wanted to take the kids to do something a little different besides just taking them to the park. So we looked up on line for some free things for the kids to do. We found that every Monday and Friday, Barnes and Noble does story time for free. Along with that, they usually do a craft with the kids right after. This time was a little bit more special because they were going to read the book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" plus have the mouse there for the kids to meet. So we thought that would be fun. So here are some pics of the event. The girls Baylee and her friend Addi got to sit and listen to the story, do a craft, get a cookie and meet the mouse and get pictures with him. Baylee absolutely loved it. It was fun to get out and do something a little different than the park.


6 comments:

Jules said...

That is awesome! We have storytime at the Library, and my kids have always loved it. I can't wait to start taking Caitlyn when she gets a little older. Baylee looks so grown up and so cute in her little pigtails. I can't wait till we come visit.

Jeanna said...

Kelly, you sure know how to make a girl, she is very cute! I love finding fun new things to do that don't break the bank. But put me into a Barnes and Noble and I wanna buy all the books! :) I refrain, but I don't want to!

Brittany said...

How fun...my kids love story time at the library too. Although to be honest I have never taken them (dang work) it is always my mom and Carrie.

Holley said...

I love the Give a Mouse books! I'm so jealous that Julie is coming out to visit soon and I have to wait until July! Oh well. Give Baylee a big hug for me.

Carrie said...

I bet Baylee just loved it. That would be so much fun.

emily+brett said...

you're such a good mommy! baylee really is about the cutest thing ever. so excited for your new arrival!!! soon right?!