Yes, I am still alive. I am sorry to those of you who do ocasionally read my blog. I have been a major slacker. I do promise to try and be better. I will post pictures and fill you in on the home front ASAP. But, today I have to write and get some thoughts down that I feel that I need to share.
Today I was cleaning my house and decided to put on some music to listen to. I had just gotten off the phone with John and put Baylee down for a nap and this song came on that really hit me hard.
Now, everyone please bare with me. I will be the first one to tell you that Miley Cyrus and the whole Hannah Montanna thing really bug and annoy me. And anytime I see her I just turn and walk away. But I saw on our TV that it was her singing the new song she has out called "THE CLIMB". For some reason I decided to sit and listen to the song. I sat there and really listened to the words of her song, and I must say that it really hit me hard and I even got a little emotional.
Things have been a little stressful lately and I have been very worried about someone that I love more than anything in this world. I know that we go through trials and sometimes lets just face it, I am sorry I am not going to sugar coat it, but life can be a BITCH. This song that I heard today though, kind of put things into perspective for me and humbled me a little bit.
Here are the words, If you would like you can get on the internet and listen too it.
The Climb
by: Miley Cyrus
I can almost see it, That Dream I'm Dreaming. But there's a voice inside my head saying you'll never reach it. Every step I'm taking, every move I'm making feels lost with no direction, my faith is shaken, but I, I gotta keep trying, gotta keep my head held high.
Chorus:
There's always going to be another Mountain. I'm always going to want to make it move. Always going to be an uphill battle, sometimes I'm going to have to lose. It ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb.
The struggles I'm facing, the chances I'm taking, sometimes might knock me down but I'm not breaking. I may not know it, but these are the moments that I'm going to remember the most, yeah. Just gotta keep going, gotta be strong, just keep pushing on.
Chorus:
above.
Keep moving, keep climbing, keep the faith. It's all about the climb.
This song reminded me that there are stuggles we will face, that we will have trials and opposition, but as long as we have faith and keep going things will be alright. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. But we can't harden our hearts and get negative and throw in the towel, or else they have won.
I have a strong testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he atoned for my sins and made it possible for me to live with him and Heavenly Father again. It is through him that we can be together with our families for eternity. We are tested, and to me it isn't about the trial or winning the race, it is about how you won the race. Did you win it, knowing you did so with integrity, love and trying your very hardest? Or did you cheat to win? Did you win it humbling yourself and asking your Father in Heaven for the guidance that you needed knowing and having the faith that he would be there with you helping you every step of the way? That is what the climb is about for me.
I just want to tell this person in my life, and you know who you are, that I love you so very much. I can't imagine my life without you. The thing I love the most about you is your integrity. I love your determination and hard work. I love that you always take any task with the attitude of " I will do my best and I will do the task right." Even when you don't know how to do something you study up on it and you figure out how to do it. I know that things are frustrating for you now, but don't ever give up, please keep the faith, keep climbing. And I know you won't give up, because that is the kind of person you are. You are an amazing person. Know that I am always hear for you.
And to those of you reading this. Life is a journey and or a climb as you will. Don't ever give up or throw in the towel. And when things are hard for you, know that you have friends and family that love you and support you. Even more importantly though, you have a Savior who loves you and will help you every step of the way. You just have to knock and ask.
I promise I will be better about posting and keep you updated on the family. For now, I hope I have touched someone in some way. This may be completely cheesy, but right now I really don't care.
7 comments:
Right now, you do care ...and that's what makes your post so special. Love you, Kelly, and appreciate very much your timely message.
Its about time we hear from you. I loved that post...not sure if I just loved reading the word BITCH on your blog or typing it...ok on a more serious note I really needed read something "real" like this.
I love it when Kelly gets all spiritual and uplifting. You know how to help others thru difficulties and I for one appreciate that. Still wished you lived closer but I will keep checking your blog (if you'd ever leave pictures!!)
Anyway I am going to listen to this Climb song right now. Thanks for the heads up.
Our climb has been steep lately so this was just what I needed to hear. thanks again for your testimony and love.
P.S. Am I the person in the post? (OK not funny) But I am wondering who it is.
Thanks Kelly for sharing some great wisdom and insights. We all go through this journey of life facing trials and difficulties. I am so grateful to have a friend like you who is so supportive and caring. Thanks for sharing your testimony and this wonderful message. Miss you tons!
I just read Katie's comment and I was going to make a joke about how you were writing it about me, since I'm struggling to get this baby out ha ha. I know who you were writing about and I hope this person knows how much we are all pulling for him. Things are going to work out and you'll all be better for it somehow.
I like it when you can find a song that pertains to what is going on in your life, that was a good one. We love the Boyle's we just need a Baylee fix and soon.
FYI I found out who you were talking about and I'm sorry to hear. We'll keep (that person) in our prayers. AND I hope I didn't sound insensitive with my commentary. Love ya!
I'm sorry. I'm sure he will just blow them away the next time! I hope your doing great, other than that. We missed you at the baptism. it's sad that the McGiven family dispersed. We always had such big get togethers. I only had Julie and katie there (love those two to pieces), and grandma and your parents. I wished you lived closer. But I'm excited to see you soon. Love Ya Linz.
I could not agree more. The climb makes being at the summit worth it.
If we were air lifted up there, it wouldn't be as beautiful. It is the climb that changes us, shapes us.
Hugs from a cousin who loves you!
Post a Comment