Well I am a complete jerk I must say. This year Mother's Day kinda crept up on me. I just have not been all there lately. Too much stress and things on the mind. John and I were able to go to the Temple on friday, which was nice to have that alone time with John. That was my kind of gift from John. I told him that that is what I wanted. Was a date to the Temple with my Hubby. So we were able to go, and our friend watched Baylee for us. Which we owe her big time for.
This last weekend was especially hard though because we emptied our pool and acid washed it, which was a big ordeal mostly on John. (The guy amazes me at how much endurance he has and how much of a hard worker he is and how he always does a job well done.) Anyhow, we did that and didn't get finished until late Sunday night and we started on Thursday, and then started filling the pool back up Sunday night. It is now almost ready to swim in. We are very excited for that, because it is so freakin hot already! Baylee loves to be outside and it is imparitive to have that pool to keep my sanity through the hot months.
One thing lacked though as we were getting our pool ready. That was making sure to call our Mother's and the Special Women in our lives. I usually send cards to my Mom and John's mom Karen. I totally slacked on that. I usually call my Sister's and wish them a Happy Mother's day also. But I didn't do that. So I know we suck! But Happy Belated Mother's Day to both My Mom and Karen and all of our Aunt's and Sister's and special Women in our lives. I did talk to my mom eventually, but then I talked to Karen today and I have been so busy with stuff that I failed to mention anything to her. So please forgive us. I do want our Mom's to know that we love you guys so much and are thankful for all of your love and support for our little family. Thank you for your love to Baylee. She loves her Grandma's. Thank you for your service and examples.
I am actually going to go to Utah tomorrow to go help out my Sister who just had a baby. I am grateful to go and be able to help her and see my family. Baylee is excited to see her cousins that she hasn't seen in so long, and to see Grandma and Papa McGiven. I am a little hesitant to leave John because he will be taking his test again on the 20th, and I wanted to be here to support him, but he being the awesome husband he is was flattered by that, but told me he would rather have me go to Utah and help out. It is our way I guess of showing our appreciation to the many people there who we don't get to see very often. So Thank you to John for your love and understanding once again. I promise to take lots of pics and post when I get back so that you can see Baylee. TTFN!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kelly don't give yourself such a hard time. You and John both have been under a severe amount of stress and everyone understands especially the moms.
I love you very much and I'm so grateful to have you as my "Baby" sister. You are so incredibly strong and beautiful. I am in awe of you and your quiet strength and firm testimony.
I'm really looking forward to spending some time with you and Baylee. I think we should go and have a McGiven Girls picture made. I know we all hate to have our pictures taken because we are not at our optimal weight or we have other issues, but I think we should do it anyway. We are all beautiful in our own way and we should rejoice in that together.
John, Thank you so much for allowing Kelly to come. I can't tell you how much I look forward to having her here. I didn't realize that having a baby at the end of a school year could be so overwhelming. My other kids have so much going on and I really want to let the baby stay home as much as possible.
We will take good care of Kelly too. Good luck on the test, I'm pretty sure you don't need it. You are going to do great.
Post a Comment