Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lil Miss Tour Guide for a day.

My Brother-in-law Jacob has some friends visiting him from Venezuela. I believe that they are friends he made in a ward that he was serving in and has kept in touch with them since the mission.

Well Jacob and Maria had to work yesterday so they weren't able to spend the day with Andres and Eliza. My BIL is so funny he actually made a very indepth Itinerary for them with pictures and facts of AZ for them. Well yesterday was there time to go to the Zoo and I offered to take them and be their tour guide for the day. My cousin Brittany and her girls Hallie and Madi were able to go with us.

It was pretty hot and humid there. It even started to rain a little bit, but I still had a really fun day getting to know Andres and Eliza. It was fun to be able to speak spanish again. It was fun in that I was able to use it again and remember, but sad because I realized that I have forgotten way too much. I was surprised though. As I was speaking more and more through out the day more was coming back to me. There were times when I don't feel like I knew what I was saying, it just came out and it made sense. Andres and Eliza are so fun to hang out with. And they really seemed to be enjoying the Zoo and spending time with all of us gringas. I was quite surprised at how well they speak and understand english. We were constantly going back and forth asking each other how to say things in spanish and english. It was fun. All the girls had fun with them also. Baylee was little MS. INDEPENDENT. She wanted to just walk around and explore without holding Moms hand. She thought she was a big girl and wanted to follow Hallie or just go off and do her own thing. It was pretty funny.

After the Zoo we went to Bass Pro Shop. Which is like a Cabelas but I think even better. It has a shooting range, a Nascar simulator, golf simulator, an archery range, a restaurant, a big waterfall area with fish in the pond, a climbing rock wall, all the camping, bbq, hunting, fishing, shooting, golfing, boating, climbing, men and women apparel you would or could ever need. I think that Andres and Eliza liked this as well. It is really pretty inside too. It has all kinds of stuffed animals from all over the world as the decor. It feels like you are in this big Valley surronded by mountains and animals and birds. I think Andres and Eliza's favorite was the homemade fudge shop. After we were done I bought them some fudge to try. You know an american treat. They LOVED IT!! We got some Carmel and Peanut fudge, which I had a bite of and it was really good. Then we got some peanut butter fudge and cookies and cream fudge. I only had a bite of the carmel peanut. We tryed to get some sugar free for Jake and Maria but they had already sold out of it.

Anyways it was a fun day and I hope that I did well as a Tour Guide and that Andres and Eliza had a fun time. They will be coming over to my house on wed for an Authentic American BBQ. I am going to make a BBQ Brisket, (Recipe of my amazing SIL Lindsay)Cornbread with Honey butter, Hot Potato Salad, and Strawberry Spinach Salad. I hope they will enjoy that also.

5 comments:

Holley said...

How fun! You lead such a glamorous life... I want to be you for a day only I would have failed miserable at the whole speaking Spanish thing so its probably a good thing that you are you and me is me.

Holley said...

Oh and new pictures would be appreciated.

Jake said...

Kelly,
Thank you so much for being such a great tour guide. I saw the pictures last night and it looked like so much fun! You are the best!

Maria

Jake said...

Thanks again for doing that. Andres and Eliza had a great time. They showed us all the photos and it looked like they had a great time. (they especially liked the fudge!) We are looking forward the the Parrilla Americana tonight!

Anonymous said...

You are awesome Kelly! I'll bet Andres and Eliza did have a wonderful time under your watchful eye!!! You've got the tastebuds watering for that barbecue (sorry we'll miss it ;-) ) and I am sure hoping you'll keep coaching Baylee on that Grandpa and Grandma verbalization! Can't to wait to hear it first-ear. :-)