So Guess What People? We have grass in our backyard. Yep, I will say it again. We have grass in our backyard. We get to go out and enjoy our yard and swim without dust blowing in our faces or getting into our food when we BBQ. I am so excited!


Before I go any further though, I need to give a big shout out to my AMAZING husband. John is seriously the hardest worker I know. Not only does he work hard, but he does a job well done. Or maybe I should say perfectly. I will admit that sometimes John's perfection gets on my nerves, because I don't have the patience for it. But he really never ceases to amaze me. John is the type of person that even when he doesn't know how to do something, he will figure it out and he will still do it perfectly and like a pro. His therory is the more time you spend on making it look good and doing it the right way the better it will be. John has worked his butt off. Even though it took a lot of nagging on my part, he did it. He did it for me and Baylee so that we could enjoy playing safely outdoors. I love John so much. He works so hard so that Baylee and I can have an enjoyable life. He does it so that he can let me stay home to raise our daughter. That is the best gift anyone has ever given me. For that I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are everything to me John, and I love you!

Okay enough of the mushy stuff. John and I prepped all week. Then fianally started laying sod Friday night. Then got up Sat and layed sod from 9a.m.-10:30p.m. I must say that it was a lot of sweat and hard work, but there is actually a big sense of acomplishment that we feel knowing that we put in the hard work ourselves and did it. We must give a huge thanks to John's mom. Karen dropped everything and came down and took care of Baylee for us while we did this. It was so nice because Baylee had a ball spending some one on one time with Grandma. It was fun to watch them interact. Karen also pitched in on laying sod with us. We could not have done it without her. Thank you so much for being there for us Karen and too Mike for letting us use the truck and trailer. Also thank you to Quentin and his friend Felicia for helping us for a few hours.

On a side note, I took Baylee to the doctor's for her 9 month check up. Baylee grew a whopping 3 or 4 inches in the last 3 months. I couldn't believe it. She is 30 inches long, and only gained a pound. She now weighs 21 pounds. I think because she is crawling so much and moving around that she is starting to level out on her weight. She actually went down in her weight percentile. The doctor was very impressed with how well she is doing. She is in perfect health. She is talking like crazy (baby talk), she is a speed crawler and is now getting gutsy and starting to let go and stand on her own for a few seconds. She is a ball of energy and fun, and John and I are so happy that she is doing well and keeping us on our toes. We love her to death.
Second side note. I wanted to wish my nephew Beau a Happy Happy Birthday! We love you so much Beau! You make John and I laugh so much. We could not imagine our lives with out Beau Beau. You are sweet, funny, charming, witty, smart and just a cute teddy bear. Baylee loves playing with beau and watching him be funny. We hope you have a wonderful day.
5 comments:
Looks great! I bet it was a ton of work though, Glad to hear Baylee is doing well, she looks like she is thinning out.
Kelly & John the yard looks fabulous! I'm so excited for you. I need you guys to come and help Dane and I put in our yard. Can't wait to see you tomorrow Kelly.
Oh, Kelly, your pictures are gorgeous - much better than mine. ;-)
John deserves a lot of credit, he did work hard but you did, too! The two of you are just amazing when you're in stride and working together and you were certainly doing that over this extended weekend. Your yard is coming along beautifully and I just know you are all going to enjoy it this summer and in the future. The trees are dooing super, too! You'll really appreciate their shade as temps increase over the summer!
Enjoy your trip! :-)
Hooray for grass!
Well if that yard isn't just tempting me to pack us up and drive down to visit you guys. It's so beautiful!! And I bet it is warm enough there to swim. Can you believe I wore a jacket this week?! Yeah. It's JUNE. It's supposed to be swimming weather and I wore a jacket. Ggggrr. Anyway, great job on the yard. It is beautiful!! Glad to hear Baylee is healthy as ever too! Give her hugs for us.
Post a Comment