Monday, April 7, 2008

I Witnessed The Mantel Fall Upon Him.

I feel so spiritually fulfilled today. Wasn't conference amazing? It was so neat and special to take part of the solemn assembly as a family. Saturday morning John and I watched the sustaining of President Monson, and I must say that we were so touched and even pretty emotional about it. For some reason I don't remember standing and doing what we did with President Hinkley. I am sure we did do it, I just don't remember. It was neat though because John stood as a Melchezedic Priesthood holder, than I stood as a member of the Relief Society, and then we all stood as a family to sustain our new Prophet, Seer and Revelator. Baylee was playing on the ground and John went to go pick her up and said that we needed to do this as a family. It was so special and the spirit was so strong.

Then all of the talks were so amazing. Especially President Monson's. I have always liked listening to President Monson. He always had some funny witty story to tell, but yesterday was so different. President Monson had a completely different disposition. I think that President Holland put it the best. That we all witnessed the Mantel fall upon him. Again John and I were very emotional when we heard President Monson speak. John said afterwards that what touched him most was at the end when He said " I am a special witness." John said right then he had a spiritual confirmation that President Monson is the chosen and called Prophet and President of the Church.

Our testimonies were strenghthened and I feel so blessed for that. I hope that John doesn't mind me sharing all of that, But I am so thankful to have the Gospel in my life and to have a husband who holds the Priesthood and blesses our home with it. I love John so much. I love Baylee and my whole family so much. I am so Thankful to my Savior, and again my testimony was reaffirmed that I Know He Lives. I Know He Loves Me, and that it is through Him, that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. I Know this Gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus. He restored the Gospel back to the Earth and I Know he is and was a Prophet called from God. I am so grateful for modern revelation. I know God lives and loves me and I love Him. I know this to be true through my experiences and through what I have felt and through what the spirit has testified to me. I am so grateful for it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I feel the same way...except I think I was the only one around for the sustaining (whoops). I loved his closing remarks...he has such a good sense of humor and a way with words and expressions. He is a very compassionate man and will do an awesome job. I liked how he said he prayed for us and that he needed our prayers as well. There really is such a connection through prayer.

AND I'm really glad that Peyton and I were able to shake hands with him at the Salt Lake temple...maybe I'll blog about it sometime. I tried to get Peyton to sing "Follow the Prophet" to him when he was about 4...he chickened out but we still got the hand shake. :)

Holley said...

Thank you for sharing your amazing testimony. It reminds me that these really are the last days and that as members of the Church we are witnessing many miracles. As things in the world get scarier and depressing, we can look to our Prophet for reassurance, love and peace of mind.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making this post, Kelly. I really enjoyed reading it and I also used your post as inspiration to go back and listen again to that portion of President Monson's talk. I used that very segment of his message in the missionary newsletter for this month - it fit perfectly with other content.
Thanks too for making time to visit with TJei and I the other day. We really enjoyed visiting with you and Baylee. :-)