Thursday, June 10, 2010

Part 2, Ashlee Ann Boyle

Ashlee Ann Boyle, born May 9, 2010 at 4:02 p.m. Weighed 8 lbs 5 oz. Was 20 in long.

On Saturday I decided that I really needed to get Baylee's room done. I felt that she felt a little displaced and I knew that it would be worse when the baby came, so I needed to get her her own room and make it special for her and something that she would have that is her own. So my mom came over and helped all day. A few days before we went to Target and Baylee got to pick out her bed sheets, She picked out purple Tinkerbell sheets. Then we picked out a really cute quilt/bedspread that was purple with cute flowers and butterflies. We got her a cute ruffled purple lamp and nightstand and then got some really cute butterfly and flower decals that we stuck on her wall. So my mom and I worked all day Saturday and got Baylee's room done. She loved it. Well I was determined to finish that room and we did then got showered and went out to dinner with John after he got home from work.

Well I was way tired and went to bed and woke up at 1:30 in the morning with hard contractions. I woke John up and we timed them for a little over an hour. They were 3 and 4 mins apart and lasting for over a min. John thought we should go in. I was a little hesitant because I didn't want to go and be sent home. But we did decide to go in. So John and I both showered, I shaved my legs and got all nice and ready. We got Baylee up and took her over to my Mom's house, called John's mom to come down and we went to the hospital. We got there, they checked me and I was dialated to a 4 and 70% effaced. They said they didn't like to addmit unless I was a 5. So they had me go walk around for an hour and said if I got to a 5 during that time they would admit me. Well John and I walked around got something to eat. They were really strong the entire time. Got back to the room they checked me and I was a 5. I was so happy. They immediately gave me my epidural, which only worked on half my body until the doctor came in and readjusted some things, then it was heaven the rest of the time. I couldn't feel anything. You could have cut my legs off and I wouldn't have known. But then things really slowed down and Wasn't progressing much after that so they put me on the pit and things started moving again.

The Doctor came into to check on me about 3:50. Said it was time to go. My oxygen was low though so they put me on oxygen and had me push once to get her engaged. Then waited a few minutes and wanted me to start pushing slowly. Well apparently I pushed to fast because Ashlee popped right out then.

This delivery was such a pleasant experience. When I delivered Baylee it was really hard and traumatic. I was put on bedrest for 6 weeks after. This go around was a walk in the park compared to Baylee. I just want to thank my amazing husband John for all of his love and support, my mom and John's mom for all of their love, support and help. They were all lifesavers. I love them all so much. And to Baylee for being such a sweet big sister and mommy's little helper. I love you Baylee.











4 comments:

Katie said...

Finally some pics!!! I have been waiting patiently for this moment. Ashlee is so beautiful! I can't wait to hold her. I'm so glad you had a much better experience this time around. I had to laugh at the part where you took time to shave your legs...in the middle of the night? (did i miss something? i'll go back and read it again.)

Baylee is getting so big! I love those pics of her in her sun dress. i can't wait to hear her say "Uncey Gary". :)

Masters Of Disasters said...

Wow, awesome delivery. Thank goodness for those epiderals! Baylee sure looks happy about the new change. I'm sure she'll be a great big sister!

~Karen said...

Ashlee is precious! I'm so glad things went better for you this time around. :) I'm looking forward to visiting with all of you sometime soon...miss those little ones so much! :)~~~~

Heather said...

Ashlee is soooo adorable! I am glad things went much smoother for you this time around. It was great to talk with you recently and catch up. I can't wait til you visit again and we can meet our newest additions.