Monday, July 20, 2009

Congratulations Sweety!...Sigh of Relief.

Well It is final. John is now a graduate apprentice. What a sigh of relief. John put in his bid for his new Journeyman's position on thursday. They told him that he had a choice between construction or Maintenance in EHV (Extra High Voltage) in the west valley. John was a little unsure of where he wanted to go, but he gave them the word this morning that he would like Maintenance, so John starts his new position has a Jorneyman on Monday. He gets his pay raise Aug 13th. CONGRATULATIONS SWEETY!!!

I just want to tell John how proud I am of him. It really has been a long road. There were times that he wasn't sure he wanted to continue, but new that he had too. He knew that despite all the headaches he went through he was not going to let them get the better of him.

John is such an amazing person. He works his tail off and is never happy unless he can walk away knowing that he gave it his all. And he always did. I will admit that sometimes I would tease John about always taking too long when he would do a project. But John is the type of person that has to do it right and do it good and like a professional. And he will do it that way no matter what. He is a perfectionist, and he does it like that at work. He truly amazes me with his ability to work with his hands and at how smart he is. I know that I am not the only one who sees that in him to. So many of his supervisors would tell him how impressed they were of John and his work ethic and the hard work that he would do. They were impressed with his precision and how fast he would grasp things. There were many that actually told him that he was the best apprentice that they had seen go through the program in a long time and that he would go far.

I just hope that John remembers that. Sometimes it is hard when you feel that there are some people who aren't in your corner and you seem to dwell on that instead of the positive things. I just hope that John knows that I am in his corner always, and that I love him so much! Thank you for being the wonderful husband and father that you are. Thank you for always trying to do your best. Keep up the good work sweety, you can only continue to go up. I didn't mean to sound like I was boasting, but I really am so proud of John and all of his accomplishments. I just hope that he can now relax a bit and enjoy this time knowing that he is done.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Woo-hoO!!! Congrats to John! Doing a happy dance right now in his behalf!!

~Karen said...

We're so proud of John and delighted for the two of you that this difficult time being under pressure on the job is behind you. It's time for both of you to take a deep breath (sigh) and relax.

Masters Of Disasters said...

congrats! We are so excited for you. I remember how happy we were when kev graduated with his masters, stuff like that can never be taken away from you. You'll be able to enjoy that accomplishment for ever!

Holley said...

Big Congrats John! I knew you could do it and never doubted you for a moment. Good luck on your future assignments.

Mom McGiven said...

Way to go John. I knew it would happen. I hope you can relax a bit now knowing that you reached your goal. We are very proud of you and are grateful for your work ethic and stick-to-itivness. You're the best and don't you forget it. Love, Sue

Katie said...

Yay for John! (I haven't seen that guy FOREVER...tell him hi for me.) Remember when we ate chicken nuggets at chik-fil-a? That was fun.