Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Boyle Holiday Happenings.

Yes I know, this is a long time coming. I apologize. Better late than never though.

Well we kicked off our Holidays with spending Thanksgiving with John's Mom, Sister and her girls TJ and Mia. I cooked my very first turkey. I must say it was quite tasty. We then decided to go see the Christmas lights at the Mesa, Temple. It was fun to go as a family. We had a nice drive listening to Christmas music. We met up with Quentin and his girlfriend Felicia. Who Baylee likes to call Fisha. The lights were beautiful. My favorite was the Manger scene.

We then got our Christmas tree out and set it up in our front hall/family room. John and I both love the ambience in the house at night when the lights were on. It was so peaceful. I got our Stockings out and hung them. I decided not to decorate the tree because Baylee is at that age where she is getting into everything and I didn't want to spend the money on a bunch of ornaments that were going to go missing or end up broken. So I just wrapped it with some pretty red garland.

We spent Christmas with John's family. We went to his parents house for Christmas eve dinner. His Dad made his yummy chicken enchiladas, and we talked and visited for a while. Then we went to our house and opened our Christmas PJ's that we got from Grandma White. Baylee especially loved hers and looked so cute in them. She loved tearing open the packages. Then we read Twas the night before Christmas, and another holiday story, sang Christmas carols and then went to bed. Well I stayed up until 1:oo am and made some Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas breakfast. They were really good if I do say so my self. I used the Lion House dinner roll recipe and made them into Cinnamon Rolls.

We woke up with Baylee and openend our own Christmas gifts. Baylee again loved tearing open the packages. Santa got her a Big Bouncy house to jump on, and a little couch with animals on it to relax on and watch her baby einstein videos, which she is doing at this very moment as I write this post. And enjoyed her Dora quilt that Grandma McGiven made her. Santa was good to me this year. He got me a Christus statue that I have been wanting for a couple of years now. I was helping Baylee with her presents and went to go sit down on our rocker chair and I looked up and there it was displayed on our shelf. It is beautiful! Thanks again Sweetie! Then Santa got John a Heart Monitor watch. Mrs. Santa was excited to get it for him so they could start working out together and compare their findings and goals.

Then we went to Jake and Maria's house and had Christmas breakfast and opened more gifts that we traded with the family. Baylee got to open all of her gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Boyle. She sure got spoiled from them and her Aunts and Uncles. She loved everything she got, but most of all she loved just being able to spend time with family and play and eat yummy food. We then went and had Christmas dinner at our house. We had Ham, Roast, Scalloped Potatoes, Corn, Rolls, Fruit, Pie and Trifle for dinner and desert. Then we played Cranium and the kids all played.

So of course we had a fun Christmas and enjoyed having and feeling the Spirit in our home. John and I can't wait until next Christmas when Baylee will be another year older and really be able to enjoy more the fun holiday traditions that we have. We love our family's and are so Thankful to our Heavenly Father for all the many blessings in our lives. It was nice to reflect on our Saviors birth and life and reflect on the family relationships that we have. We missed those people who we could not be with, but you were all in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you all had an awesome Christmas and that you have an amazing new year. We love you all. Love John, Kelly and Baylee Boyle
I hope you enjoy some of the Pictures that we took with our family over the Holiday Season.

5 comments:

Holley said...

I'm so happy that you had such nice holiday time. I really missed you a lot. I promise we will get together in 2009. I am making that my number 1 goal!

I love you all!

Anonymous said...

You're a sweetheart, Kelly! Thank you for the update and big hug too for the pictures ... So much fun, it was great to spend the time with you, John and Baylee in recent weeks.

Holley said...

I hate when I go to your blog and I see how snazzy it looks because you've updated your background...but you didn't do a new post.

Kelly we need more posting and more pictures! Post, Post, Post!

Even if you have to stay up until midnight. Call me, I'll walk you through it...I'm sure I'll be awake anyway.

Post, Post, Post!

Love the blue by the way.

Holley said...

Kelwy - I wuuuuuuuv you! Post, Post, Post, Post!!!!!

Holley said...

Kelly, you need to give me one more post before you go to visit Grandma.

Post, Post, Post, Post!