This is directed to all of my family members. Those of you who are intrested that is. I am in North Carolina with Grandma White and my parents. We have been having a wonderful time here celebrating with Brien on his recent graduation from High School.
Tonight as we were visiting, we were talking about books and reading and thought it would be fun to start a family book club. We thought that we would start a new blog that all family members interested would have access to. Each month everyone can suggest a book to read and then we would vote on which one to read for that month. After reading the book we would all blog about our thoughts and/or questions. Those of you who do live by each other can get together and discuss if you would like. Each member would also have a link with a list of their favorite books and recomendations.
Grandma White expressed intrest as well as myself, Holley, Dane, Wesley and my Mom Sue. I thought that Brittany, Chelsey, Lynn, Carrie, Lindsay, Katie, Sarah, Julie, Truly, Emily, April and any White's might be intrested. Anyone else can as well. All family members are invited. We thought it would be a fun way to keep in contact with each other and do something together as a family since we all are into the blogging thing, but don't all live by each other. If you are interested please let me know and we will get a blog sight developed and start the book club right away. If anyone has any ideas they would like to add please let me know through comments or you can feel free to email me or call me. We think that this would be a lot of fun. I look forward to finding out who else would be intrested and getting this going. Love you all!
Love, Kelly
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Sounds like fun. I would totally be interested
-Carrie
Sure count me in. I'm in another book club and I haven't even read that book, so I don't know how good I will be. Jeanna has tons of suggestions and so does her SIL Julie.
Count me in....You know I'm always up for reading a good book and I love having suggestions. Just let me know when you start.
I am definately in, Look at my blogging skills, I am all over the place! ... balogna!!! :) Sure did enjoy being with you and Baylee in North Caroline. You and Holly made a great team in the kitchen. The food was delicious! Sorry we didn't get to play more hand and foot, maybe another time. Sorry John wasn't with us. Hope to see you all soon.
Love
Grandma White
Okay, so I wish I was more of a reader, but this may motivate me more...so count me and we will see how I do. Just email me the blog info.
aprilhwhite@gmail.com
Kelly, as you know I am definitely in. I have a suggestion for the first book. How about the Book Thief. I think this would be a great one to read and discuss. I can set-up a new "book blog" if we can gather everyone's email addresses that wants to participate. I can moderate the online club if you want. By posting periodic questions for discussion as we all read. Let me know what you think?
Post a Comment