UMM... What can't I say about Katie? There really is too much to say. As my Older Sister's have mentioned, We have seriously been blessed in the In-Law department. We really have the best ones in the bunch. They are not just In- laws though. They really are like our own flesh and blood.
I must share my story of how I met Katie. I met Katie the day I got home from my mission. I talked to my Sister Julie before I was coming home and she had told me that Gary was dating someone pretty seriously. I was pretty shocked because Gary had only known her it seemed for only a short while. And Julie was telling me that she thinks they were going to get married. Gary didn't really date exclusively in High School, except for one girl. He always seemed kind of shy with the girls or girls just really seemed to bug the crap out of him. So for Julie to tell me that he was pretty serious about someone and being home from his mission a short while and only dating her a short while, I knew this girl had to be pretty dang special.
Well, I talked to Gary about her before I met her, and he told me that I would really like her and that she was alot like me. Just really laid back and cool. So we were at Grandma White's house having a luncheon for my Homecoming and Gary comes over with this girl. He introduces me to her and says "Kelly this is Katie." We both said "Hey" and then it was completely quiet for a few seconds. It seemed like ten minutes. And Gary laughed and we were all thinking "Okay, nice to meet ya and see ya later." It really was the most awkward meeting. I am typing this and laughing, It seems like it was just yesterday. Just yesterday, was 7 years ago.
Katie, I love you so much!!! It has been a blast to have you in our family. You have become not only an awesome SIL, but an amazing friend. Gary really was supposed to marry you, and he knew it from the very beginning. I love that you can always laugh, and find the funny in everything. It makes things so much easier to deal with. I love that in the most awkward of times you always have something to say to make it funny and even more awkward. You can say whatever is on your mind and be okay with it. I love it when you Cuss. It is said with such sarcasm that I can't help but laugh. You bring the good out of people, and always look for the good. You are such a strong, hard working, devoted, loyal, amazing, awesome, hilarious person. Thanks for being there for me to talk to and for the great advice. I know when I need a good laugh and someone to just say how it is, I can come to you. Gary, way to pick the best. You deserve it and you got it. Happy Birthday Katie!!!!!! We all love you so much.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks Kelly. I have a huge grin on my face right now. That was overwhelmingly wonderful to hear sooo many compliments. I try not to make my blood sisters feel too bad when I can't seem to rip on my in-laws. You guys really are my best friends. I really am so blessed.
Reading your story made me laugh too. I remember I was late for work waiting for you to arrive...since I'm always late it really wasn't a shocker at work--just a good excuse for me. I had heard a ton about you too and I think it was so awkward because everyone was staring and wanting to witness the mutual approval between both of us. It didn't take long before they had it....and we still got it! (Ok so that was way cheez but I mean it.) Love ya Kell! (And John and Baylee!)
Post a Comment