Monday, March 10, 2008
Did I mention more Weeds?
So, John and I have been on a quest to really get our yard and house all cleaned up and to finish our back yard. A week in a half ago I spent the entire week weeding our front yard. John helped me after work and on Saturday of last week we got the front yard all done. This last week we had our driveway extended and an RV slab poured on the side along with curbing in the back. John had his first Saturday off in like two months, so we decided to bust our butts and weed the dreaded back yard. It actually went pretty smooth. John took the shovel and just slammed at the dirt too loosen the weed and I went behind him and was able to pull the weeds from the roots. It felt good to see that we had done our entire back yard minus the side part where there isn't going to be grass. It was actually fun to work alongside my wonderful and very hardworking husband. We had such a sense of accomplishment. Now we just have to finish a few loose ends with sprinklers and we should be ready to lay sod in hopefully a week or two. But I must say that Weeds and Weeding still suck! Stay tuned, because when it is all done I will post pictures of our yard all finished. I can't wait! Next on my agenda is to spring clean the house. Wish me Luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can't wait to see the pictures of your finished yard. How much did it cost you to put in the RV Slab? Wes wants a sport court and I'm trying to figure out my landscaping budget.
Ok Kelly, I was sympathetic about the weeds. No reward me with new Baylee pictures.
Hey I was questioning the RV slab and wondering if you guys were going to be getting an RV and it was explained that with your grounds sometimes it is best to just put in the slab. Well, while chatting it was decided that if and when I am able to travel your way for a visit it would be a perfect place for my lift to drop and allow me access to the house. Just a thought but seriously thinking!! You just don't know how I am longing to meeting Kelly and Baylee and see my wonderful nephew. I miss you so much.
I can totally picture you now, working behind John with dust in your face. Are you pushing along the wheel barral? I am having flash backs of me finishing my back yard in St. George. You guys are such a cute couple. I can't wait to see pictures of your back yard!
Post a Comment