Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmas Trivia!

Hey All, I just got back from a Christmas cookie exchange party. It was a lot of fun. We did a little trivia game that I thought was intresting so I decided to post the trivia to see if any of you can get the answers. Let me know how you do and I will post the answers tomorrow. So get to it all you Christmas fanatics.

1. What popular children's cracker today was introduced in 1902 as a Christmas ornament?
2. In 1939 Robert May created this Christmas figure as a Christmas promotion for Montgomery Ward department store in Chicago?
3. In the 1920's what world wide beverage company adopted the Santa Claus figure for a winter advertising promotion?
4. What popular Christmas candy today had its debut and was given out by a choirmaster in 1670 to quiet the noisy children?
5. What best selling Christmas song did Gene Autry record in 1951?
6. What American President barred the Christmas tree from being displayed in the White House?
7. What years were the first machine printed Christmas card offered in a United States variety store?
8. The politicians, women's groups, and seniors' organizations protested this Christmas song written in 1979 and popularized by Elmo and Patsy?
9. "Crying up the lum" is how some Scottish children tell Santa Claus their Christmas wishes. What is "crying up the lum"?
10. What are the names of Santa Clauses eight reindeer as named in Clement Moore's Poem "The Night Before Christmas"?

3 comments:

McGiven Family.... said...

I only know the very last one...the reindeer! Sad :( Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen!

What did you do at the cookie exchange...maybe I want to try that?

Anonymous said...

1. graham cracker?
2. Frosty the Snowman?
3. Coca-Cola
4. candy cane?
8. Grandma got ran over by a reindeer?
10. same as above ;-)

Anonymous said...

1) Animal Crakers
2)The peeing Christmas lawn gnome
3)maxwell house
4)Pop Rocks
5)Grandpa got runned over by a John Deer.
6)Hillary Clinton
7)1956-current
8)I saw mommy cheating on daddy with santa claus.
9)Dropping your note to the bottom of a 40oz bottle of Mint Baileys
10)Alfred, Maggy, Bernard, Corey, Jasmine, La Fawnda, Jack, and Rudolph- duh.